Transportation & What To Bring
Directions to Wolf Den Hostel
IMPORTANT! If you plan to drive to Wolf Den and use a GPS do not use the address (4568 Highway 60, Oxtongue Lake, Ontario), it will take you to the wrong location. You must use use “Wolf Den Hostel and Nature Retreat” to find it on a GPS or Google maps. You could also use the GPS coordinates at +45° 22′ 59.44″, -78° 54′ 39.47. Just to be safe be sure to write down the directions provided below.
Take Hwy. 400 North to Barrie. Exit to Hwy. 11 North to Huntsville. Exit Hwy 60 East. Drive 35 km east on Hwy 60 and the Wolf Den will be on the south side of Hwy. 60 (approximately 1.2 km east of Oxtonge Lake Road). If you pass Ragged Falls you have gone too far.
Take Hwy. 17 West to Hwy. 60 West. The Wolf Den is approximately 8 km west of the West Gate of Algonquin Park. It is on the south side of Hwy. 60 approximately 1 km west of Ragged Falls. If you pass Oxtongue Lake Rd. you have gone too far.
Bus to Wolf Den
There is a bus service from Toronto that will take you directly to the Wolf Den. Please check out the Park Bus website for information and to book tickets. You will have to select the “Algonquin Park” bus route. (Be aware that unfortunately this year their only schedule for the Lindystock weekend is a Saturday to Monday bus.)
We have setup a Group Carpool page for ride shares to and from Lindystock. If you’re looking for a ride or have room in your car please sign up! Travelling in groups is always more fun!
What To Bring
Here a list of things to bring to Lindystock. It’s not a complete list but will hopefully remind you of some things you might forget to pack.
- Shirts, pants, hiking pants/shorts, shorts, socks, hiking/athletic shoes, underwear, sandals, etc. (You know, your usual outdoor clothing. )
- Sweater in case it gets chilly
- Rain gear
- Sun screen
- Sun glasses
- Bug spray
- Beach towels
- Lunch pack if you plan to head offsite
- Earplugs & sleeping mask
- Alcoholic beverages if you so choose
- Drinking cup (non-breakable please!)
- Thermos/water bottle
- Musical Instruments
- Hand sanitizer
- First Aid Kit (there’s a first aid kit on-site but it’s always good to have extras around just in case)
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Phone and iPod chargers
- iPod or laptop if you plan to DJ!
- Any medication you require (e.g. After-Bite, Epi Pens, pain killers, anti-histamine, etc.)
- Snack food
- Camp Chair (optional)
- Cooler (if you bring food/beverages that need to be refrigerated)
All beds at the Wolf Den have a pillow, sheets and blankets provided. Bring extra if you think you will need it.
Toronto Lindy Hop is stationed in Canada so it only seems fitting that we would hold a Dance Event in the Middle of Winter in the scenic and snowy historic Algonquin Park near Huntsville, Ontario (Feb 16th-Feb 19th). BUT before you get a big old shiver and run off in...